
上班旺起早贪黑,加班都不带眨眼。那你能流利、地道、不眨眼的用英语说出你每天的生活中发生的一些事情吗?
My Morning Coffee Makes Me Perk Up

I’m not a morning person (someone who has a lot of energy in the morning), so I need some coffee to help me perk up.
作为一个非晨起型人(晨起型:早起总是元气满满的人),喝点咖啡来提神是不错的方法。
The phrasal verb perk up describes when someone becomes happier and in a better mood after feeling not so good.
短语里的动词这里描述的是某个人在精神不振后变得更愉悦,振奋。
Perk up:
①表示让你元气满满,精神振奋的意思。我熬夜了,所以需要个coffee来perk me up.
②Perk up 还可以指To refresh the appearance of (让…焕然一新)例:
New furniture and paint perked up the room.
新的家具让房间焕然一新拉。
I Look Through My E-Mails And
Dash Off Quick Replies
I get a ton of (a very large number of) e-mails, so one of the first things I do is look through my messages.
我每天都会收到很多很多邮件,所以我每天第一件事就是快速浏览所有的邮件。
A ton of/tons of:
指的就是很大量,很多。
小伙伴们一天都会收到tons of emails,每天check邮箱是免不了的,各种重要信息都是通过邮件来传递的,又或是被领导布置了任务,又被抄送cc(cc=carbon copy,抄送)了。
Look through:
To look through means to look at a number of things quickly.
在这里的意思是很快速地看很多东西。
I also dash off replies to any messages that need quick responses – the phrasal verb dash off means to write (and usually send) something fast.
我也会快速回复那些需要回复的邮件,短语里的动词dash off在这里指的是快速地发送或者写。
为了确保工作效率,我们不得不快速浏览完(look through)所有的邮件,并且快速回复(dash off)掉重要的邮件。
I Come Up With a good idea
The main part of my work is coming up with new ideas. The phrasal verb come up with means to create or invent.
我工作的主要内容就是挖掘新的点子。短语动词come up with这里指的是产生和发明。
come up with:
这里是产生(create)和发明(invent)的意思。例:
报告老板,我想到了一个绝妙的注意(come up with a good idea)!
Come up with a solution:
想出了一个解决方法。
I Heat Up Some Food For Lunch

If I have leftover food (food that I prepared previously and saved), then I heat it up using the microwave, stove, or oven. To heat up food means to raise the temperature, to make it hot.
如果我有剩饭剩菜,那么我就可以用微波炉/炉灶来加热。加热食物就是说升高温度来让它们变热啦。
当代办公室流行的方式就是自己带饭拉。每当到中午的时候,微波炉君们总是很忙。 因为大家要heat up/ microwave 食物呀。
话题Topic也是可以被热的,topic begins to heat up指的就是某个话题近期很火。
I Flesh Out My Ideas

I have a lot of ideas for the project and I try to flesh them out.
当我对项目有很多的想法,我就会试着去完善他们。
Flesh out your project:
①这里指补全/完善想法。
当上级给你分配任务时,你有了一定的想法,那么你就要付诸行动去完善这一想想法to flesh out your project。
②作家们也可以完善自己的文章:The author could flesh out these articles.


