Phrasal Verbs with "Go"
和"Go"有关的动词短语
Phrasal verbs have two or more words: verbs and particles. Particles are short words such as on, over and in.
动词短语由两个或两个以上的单词组成:动词和助词助词是一些简短的词,比如on,over和in。
Phrasal verbs have an idiomatic meaning. In other words, the verb and particle together mean something different than what the individual words suggest.
动词短语有惯用语的意思。换句话说,动词和助词放在一起的意思与单独的单词所表达的意思不同。
So, for example, the phrasal verb "find out' has the verb "find" and the particle "out."
例如,动词短语“find out”有动词“fnd”和语气词“out”。
However, the term "find out" means to discover.
然而,“fnd out”这个词的意思是发现。
English speakers use many phrasal verbs perhaps thousands.
说英语的人使用很多动词短语可能有几千个。
Many of these verbs have two or more meanings.
这些动词中有许多有两个或两个以上的意思。
If you use them in your own sentence, it may sound natural.
如果你在自己的句子中使用它们,听起来可能会很自然。
So today, we are going to learn some phrasal verbs with go.
所以今天,我们要学习一些和go有关的动词短语。
Go on/to keep on 继续做下去
It means to continue doing something. For example:
意思是继续做某事。例如:
.Please go on with your conversation.
请继续你们的谈话。
Keep on pursuing what you like.
·继续追求你喜欢的东西。
·I will call the police if he keeps on bothering.
如果他继续骚扰我,我就要叫警察了。
Go about 开始做某事
This phrasal verb means to start to do something or to do something as usual. For example:
这个动词短语的意思是开始做某事或像往常一样做某事。例如:
·I don't know how to go about it. Can you just show me?
我不知道该怎么做。你能做给我看看吗?
·He was such a talented CEO. He could go about his business in such a terrible financial crisis.
他是一个很有才华的CEO。在如此严重的财政危机中,他还能继续经营自己的生意。
·We need to discuss how to go about solving these problems in the monthly meeting.
我们需要在月度会议上讨论如何着手解决这些问题。
Go over
仔细检查某事; 向某人或某物移动
It means to check something carefully; to move toward so meone or something. For example:
它的意思是仔细检查某事;向某人或某物移动。例如:
.Can I go over to Harry's house to do homework with him?
我能去哈利家和他一起做作业吗?
·I spent an hour going over the contract before signing.
·我在签字前花了一个小时仔细检查合同。
·I saw Kim when I had gone over to Texas.
我去德州的时候见到了金。
Go against 违背
This phrasal verb means to disagree with or oppose someone/something. For example:
这个动词短语表示不同意或反对某人/某事。例如:
*He wasn't a good leader. Everybody on the team went against him.
·他不是个好领导。队里的每个人都反对他。
·How dare you go against your parents' wishes?
·你怎么敢违背你父母的意愿?
·You may lose your job if you go against your“如果你和老板对着干,你可能会丢掉工作。
Go back on 违背/背弃 (如诺言,协议)
It means to not keep your promise; to change your mind. For example:
它的意思是不遵守诺言;改变你的想法。例如:
Having thought carefully about the issue, he went back on his decision.
*仔细考虑了这个问题后,他放弃了自己的决定。
.She never keeps her promise. She always goes back on what she has said.。
她从不遵守诺言。她说话总是出尔反尔。
·It's likely that he will go back on his word·
他很可能会食言。
总结:
go back on和go against的区别主要体现在含义和使用场景上。
go back on的含义是“违背、背弃”,通常用于描述某人或某组织不履行其承诺或协议。
例如: He went back on his promise to help me.
他违背了他的承诺来帮助我。
这个短语强调的是对承诺或协议的背弃行为。
go against的含义是“反对、违背”,通常用于描述某人或某组织对某个观点、规则或决定持反对态度。
例如: The new policy goes against our company's principles.
这项新政策违背了我们公司的原则。
这个短语强调的是对某事物的不赞同或反对。
结合上下文语境来理解就很容易区别开了。
今天的分享就到这里了,欢迎关注,点赞,在看,分享。
以上内容来源六分钟英语
侵删

